It is a mixed organ of the Dominican government, that depends organically and functionally of the Presidency of the Republic. It is assigned in administrative and budgetary terms to the Ministry of the Presidency according to article 35 of law 247-12. The National Competitiveness Council, is the only autonomous entity Chaired by the President of the Dominican Republic itself.
Is a decentralized public entity, with a board comprised of a mixed composition, integrated by public and private sector representatives, that counts with legal identity, as well as the functional and organizative autonomy needed to fulfill the functions asigned by the law and it’s complementary regulations.
How did the National Competitiveness Council came up?
The need to establish an agile and effective management framework, with the best international practices in order to face the globalization trends and rising competition.
To set a participative process for the concertation of public policies and strategies that aim to increase the competitiveness, as well as the implementation of associative projects that foster the business competitiveness and productivity of the main productive sectors.
- Propose to the Executive Branch national and sectoral policies, strategies and priorities to optimize the business ecosystem in the country.
- Recommend strategies and competitive priorities to make the necessary technological advances to increase productivity and promote exports of productive sectors.
- Identify the processes of implementation of competitiveness policies at the national, regional and sectoral level.
- Develop the National Competitiveness Program that groups the initiatives of reforms and investments.
- Mediate in the intersectoral conflicts in the scope of the Strategies of Competitiveness.
Additional functions under Decrees 244-06, 191-07, 192-07:
- Unified Comprehensive Care System for Business Training
- Regulatory improvement program
- Dominican Business Portal
- Promoting the entrepreneurial and competitive culture program
Articulate, manage and promote public-private policies and strategies that improve the competitiveness of the Dominican Republic, contributing to increase the quality and productivity of the sectors involved.
Being a sustainable institution, leader in the field competitiveness of the Dominican Republic and regional reference.
Vocation service: is the attitude of satisfying the needs of internal and external customers in an efficient manner, adhering to ethical principles, in harmony with the mission, vision and institutional values.
Excellence: act with efficiently and effectively in our institutional development, projecting and promoting the highest quality.
Transparency: act in an open manner in an environment of credibility and confident that facilitates the right of any citizen to have access to public information.
Honesty: behave and express oneself with coherence and sincerity accordance with the values of truth and justice.
Responsibility: fulfill our obligations by paying attention to what we do or decide to do, assuming the consequences of our actions.